Month: May 2009

Calibre Week in Review



Not much happened this week. A few bug fixes and a new output format, RTF. It produces acceptable results. It also embeds images into the file. The output could use some tweaking, but this will come with time. The only caveat is the output is ascii only. This is to... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



A lot of work went into eReader and PML to have it supported better. Also, a new format has been added. The XHTML to PML parser has been completely rewritten. It is based on the XHTML to FB2 parser I wrote for FB2 output. It produces much better looking PML... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This week comes with some great new additions. It also comes with some great new challenges. Not to mention more work for next week. eReader output is complete and working. The files produced are the same format as those produced by Dropbook (more on this in a bit). In addition... Continue reading

Changing Single Quotation Marks to Double in eBooks



As a person living in the USA I highly prefer double quotation marks to single quotes when denoting speech. Some authors use the single quote for effect but mostly it’s just a style choice. I find UK authors generally use the two interchangeably. Tolkien books are a good example. I... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



Device interfaces can now be configured in the GUI. Also, there is a simple framework for creating plugin configuration widgets. I’ve added a metadata reader for the eReader format. However, eReader supports 3 ways to set the metadata in the file. 1) In the pdb header (only supports setting a... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



It seems that PDF is becoming the never ending format for me. Maybe I should start naming the posts PDF Work instead of Calibre Week in Review… One minor and one major change to PDF processing this week. The minor change was a fix for bug 2342. German umlauts are... Continue reading