A few notable features are:
- Audio and Video tags will no longer be stripped. Audio and Video files are now put into Audio and Video folders and links are updated properly.
- Clean Source has a new (consider it beta) non-destructive pretty printer.
- You can now control when Clean Source is run automatically. There is also a right click menu entry in Code View.
- Sigil is now more tolerant of malformed epubs.
- If an html file within the epub is not well-formed it will be read as is into Sigil and will be skipped during the book normalization process. This will cause the file to potentially have invalid links to other resources.
- Handle invalid or duplicate IDs in the OPF.
- Reports have been enhanced
Two additional changes I forgot to mention. I’m now signing the OS X app with an Apple provided developer certificate. This will allow Sigil to run with Gatekeeper. Also, I’m now providing md5 checksums for all binaries (and source package) on the download page.
Also, The 0.6.1 packages when out without the date for 0.6.1 being set in the changelog. This oversight isn’t a major issue and doesn’t warrant pulling the packages. The Changelog will have the correct release date for 0.6.1 in the next release.