Tag: fb2

Calibre Weeks in Review



It has been a few weeks since I’ve done a calibre week in review. This is partly because I had been working on some new features for the upcoming 0.8 release. I haven’t wanted to talk about it very much until the release gets closer. Kovid said yesterday that he... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



Once again this is a big week with a lot of little changes. The majority of which were related to TXT input. Format Specifications I was thinking about the fact that for all of the formats I support I use the format specification to know how the reading and writing... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This is really a two week in review because I didn’t do one last week. The past two weeks I didn’t focus on major changes. I mainly spent my time with little tweaks and closing out bugs. All of these little changes didn’t feel like I accomplished very much but... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



TXT input got some more work. It now supports the Textile markup language. This can be used in place of Markdown. Textile is also supported by the new auto-detection in TXT input. FB2 output had some more bug fixes. The cover image is now put inside of the... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This week saw massive improvements to TXT input. I started the week with a slew of changes and as soon as I had implemented the first of them Lee Dolsen contacted me. We’ve worked together before improving PDF input. Since then he’s done a lot of work with preprocessing of... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



I did some work with PDF output. Mainly I refactored some of the output generation code to reduce redundant sections. Over all there won’t be any user visible changes. The main reason I dove back into PDF output was because a user on OS X noted that PDF produced were... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This week saw some more work on FB2 output. I’ve added support for a few formatting types from the 2.1 spec. Also, a very helpful user submitted a patch for sectionizing. It allows for sectonizing based on the file structure (based on EPUB splitting), no sectonizing and based on TOC.... Continue reading

Back to work on calibre



I’ve become active in contributing to calibre again. So far I’ve been focusing on fixing issues related to the output formats I maintain. I’ve been focusing on FB2 and TXT output at the moment. With FB2 output my goals were to fix as many bugs with it as possible and... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



FB2 output has been improved. It no longer generated very invalid markup. The output generator still isn’t where I want it to be though. The changes are mostly cleanup and fix long standing issues with the output. One major change is I reverted having <h1> tags work as section... Continue reading

Calibre Week In Reveiw



Most this week was spent turning PML input and output. I spent a bit of work bug tracking and enhancing FB2 output as well. The changes for PML input are as follows. Pass along the included cover as the cover when converting (also applies to eReader PDB). Allow for images... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



Mostly bug fixes this week. The majority of them were centered around eReader PDB output and PML generation. eReader PDB output now marks the first image as the cover image if a cover image is not explicitly set. PMLZ got images named properly in the output. PML generation now has... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



I haven’t had one of these for quite some time. I’ve been working on other projects and on the calibre font I’ve only dealing with small bug fixes. However, this past week I’ve done a bit of work that is worth mentioning. I’ve cleaned up the FB2 output. It fixes... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



There was no week in review last week because I went on vacation this past week. So this week in review combines everything since the last week in review. I’ve made a few bug fixes to some output formats, PDB metadata and FB2 output mainly. The major things I’ve been... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This week comes with some great new additions. It also comes with some great new challenges. Not to mention more work for next week. eReader output is complete and working. The files produced are the same format as those produced by Dropbook (more on this in a bit). In addition... Continue reading