Tag: txt

Calibre Week in Review



This week I finally sat down and spend some time with Markdown input and output. Both saw major changes. Markdown input was bumped to upstream version 2.0. Output was completely rewritten from scratch. Markdown output is now completely custom code (not using a third party output module like before). I... Continue reading

Formatting Tips: Markdown, Textile and calibre



About Formatting Tips. Up to this point Formatting Tips have been focused on the EPUB format and working directly with the underlying XHTML and CSS. Not everyone wants or needs this level of control over the layout of their book. Often times a book only needs basic formatting such... Continue reading

Calibre Weeks in Review



It has been a few weeks since I’ve done a calibre week in review. This is partly because I had been working on some new features for the upcoming 0.8 release. I haven’t wanted to talk about it very much until the release gets closer. Kovid said yesterday that he... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This is a short week for the week in review because I’m now doing my week from Friday to Thursday. Last week I ended my week on Monday so this review only has a few days worth of work. TXTZ I’ve added an import plugin that runs over TXT content... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



I’ve been putting up my week in reviews on based on a week starting on Monday for some time now. I’ve been thinking about this and it doesn’t really make much sense. Calibre has a release pretty much every Friday now. So starting next week I’m going to change my... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



Once again this is a big week with a lot of little changes. The majority of which were related to TXT input. Format Specifications I was thinking about the fact that for all of the formats I support I use the format specification to know how the reading and writing... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This is really a two week in review because I didn’t do one last week. The past two weeks I didn’t focus on major changes. I mainly spent my time with little tweaks and closing out bugs. All of these little changes didn’t feel like I accomplished very much but... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



TXT input got some more work. It now supports the Textile markup language. This can be used in place of Markdown. Textile is also supported by the new auto-detection in TXT input. FB2 output had some more bug fixes. The cover image is now put inside of the... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



This week saw massive improvements to TXT input. I started the week with a slew of changes and as soon as I had implemented the first of them Lee Dolsen contacted me. We’ve worked together before improving PDF input. Since then he’s done a lot of work with preprocessing of... Continue reading

Back to work on calibre



I’ve become active in contributing to calibre again. So far I’ve been focusing on fixing issues related to the output formats I maintain. I’ve been focusing on FB2 and TXT output at the moment. With FB2 output my goals were to fix as many bugs with it as possible and... Continue reading

Calibre Week In Review



There was a major change this week to the device infrastructure. Kovid merged (with some modification) my changes to allow “Send to device” to use custom device paths just like “Save to disk”. Kovid’s major change to my implementation are having a separate save template for “Send to device” and... Continue reading

EZReader Pocket Pro Review



Background My wife bought me an Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro For Christmas this year. This device isn’t my first or even second ebook reader. It is now my third. The first a Sony PRS-505 having been commandeered by my wife. The second is a Cybook Gen 3 which... Continue reading

Unidecoder



A while back I made a post about ASCIIizing Text. With it was a simple python application that would convert Unicode characters to ASCII equivalents. It doesn’t do a basic conversion but also Latinizes the characters when they are outside of the ASCII range. The uni2ascii package I... Continue reading

Calibre Week in Review



Mostly bug fixes this week. The majority of them were centered around eReader PDB output and PML generation. eReader PDB output now marks the first image as the cover image if a cover image is not explicitly set. PMLZ got images named properly in the output. PML generation now has... Continue reading

Calibre Work - April 4



This has been a busy week for Calibre. The new conversion pipeline is complete. Part of this change is there is a new framework for command line options. I’ve spent most of this past week moving the PDF input/output and TXT input/output over to use the new framework. The other... Continue reading